The hot summer season is right around the corner. With the summer sun comes hours and days of quality, fun time with family and friends. When we all think about summer, we are focused on sun, fun and long vacations. However, the summer months can present with some pretty annoying summer plumbing issues that are sure to take the fun and smiles out of any activity. With that thought in mind, the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to offer our clients insight on some of the most common plumbing issues that typically occur in the summer months.
Don’t Let These Summer Plumbing Issues Minimize Your Summer Fun
- Toilet blockages – We all cringe at the thought of a blocked toilet, especially in the summer months when the whole family is at home. To avoid this issue, take steps to remind your family not to flush napkins, wipes and sanitary products down the toilet. Be sure you have a plunger on hand to take care of the smaller blockages and for those much bigger and complex blockages and issues, look to the professionals here at Steve Mull Plumbing to provide quick and effective solutions.
- Sump pumps – If your home basement suffers with water issues and flooding you are more than likely the smart owner of a state-of-the-art sump pump. Summer typically has a whole lot of rain and storms, which can easily result in flooding issues in your basement, especially if your sump pump is not working properly. Be sure to routinely inspect your sump pump to ensure that it is functioning properly before all those heavy rains make their presence known.
- Clogged Shower Drains – Summer activities and beach visits with all that beach sand can easily cause issues with your home showers. Beach sand that is washed off in your shower typically will result in drainage issues. With that said, get in the habit of having family members rinse off all that sand before heading home to avoid any unnecessary summer plumbing problems.
- Washing machine clogs – We would definitely all agree that the dirty laundry piles up so quickly in the summer months. The more loads of laundry you have to wash, the harder your washing machine performs. Washing small loads of laundry is always the best choice when it comes to avoiding overflows or washing machine clogs. Be sure to also take a moment to inspect your hoses to ensure they have no leaks or kinks. The last thing you want to be faced with in the summertime is a messy washing machine blockage that puts a damper on everyone’s fun.
- Sewer line backups – Heavy rainstorms are very common during the summer months. Excessive rain can lead to all sorts of sewer line issues. The rain quickly soaks into the summer sand and loosens the soil which can then make its way into your plumbing pipes via small corroded cracks. When this occurs, the result is typically a sewer line blockage or backup. Further concerns with regard to sewer issues in the summer months is that of tree roots. When faced with this common summer plumbing problem, be sure to reach out to our trusted team of certified professionals here at Steve Mull Plumbing.
Let’s Sum It Up
Here at Steve Mull Plumbing, we most definitely enjoy the summer months and want our clients and their families to enjoy the summer as well. Whether you favor barbecuing, swimming or backyard picnics and gatherings, we want to be sure that your summer fun is not spoiled with plumbing issues of all types and sizes.
This summer, if you are faced with any of the summer plumbing problems we have described here or if you encounter any plumbing issues at all, we are the team for you. To learn more about our high-quality services or to schedule a service appointment, give a shout out to one of our dedicated team members today. We look forward to serving you and to helping you ensure that you and your family enjoy all those summer activities without any unnecessary interruptions. Don’t delay. Take steps to ensure your summer fun and safety today!
Get A Quote