One of the most common reasons why a plumber is called is that of home drain problems. Problems with your home drains are typically more than just a simple clog but rather can be a symptom or sign of a larger problem that is going on in your home plumbing system. There are a number of common problems that occur with drains and toilets and our team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wanted to share some of them with you.
COMMON DRAIN PROBLEMS IN NEARLY EVERY HOME
- Consistent slow drains – When there does not appear to be a clog but your find that your drains are still running slow as slow can be, the source of the problem may very well be in your plumbing air vent that reaches upward toward the roof. When debris or even birds’ nests interfere with your plumbing air vent, they can cause a vacuum to develop when water is moving through your drain pipes and slow down the normal flow of the water.
- Clogs that recur over and over again – When heavy sludge accumulates in your drain pipes it can cause recurrent clogs. Though a drain snake can provide a temporary solution to the problem, the clogs will more than likely recur over time. A permanent solution to this drain problem is to have a professional plumber scour the drain pipe and remove the build up of sludge by way of a hydro-jet water cleaner that utilizes high water pressure. A plumber may also choose to use a drain auger with cutting, rotating blades.
- Unpleasant sewer like smells – Small quantities of water are collected in the u-shaped drain trap located under every sink so as to prevent unpleasant smells from permeating the air. If this trap becomes dry you are apt to experience nasty, sewer like smells in your home. If you find yourself faced with unpleasant odors, reach out to one of highly skilled plumbers here at Steve Mull Plumbing.
- A ring gets dropped down the drain or toilet – Every plumber has been faced with this dilemma at one time or another in their career. The team here at Steve Mull Plumbing has some simple standard procedures that we use to retrieve your valuable piece of jewelry in a timely fashion. We highly recommend you call in the professionals right away when your jewelry is lost and do not run water in the sink or flush the toilet, depending on where you have lost your jewelry.
- Drains that make all sorts of noises – If your drains are creating all types of noises whether gurgling or burping noises, you have an imbalance of air in the drain pipes that is more than likely the source of the problem. The displaced air is more than likely the result of inadequate venting or perhaps sewage that is making its way back into the main drain pipe.
YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS
Here at Steve Mull Plumbing our team of professionals is steadfast in their commitment to providing top-of-the-line plumbing products and services to all our valued Lebanon clients and those in the adjacent towns. We strive to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to their schedules and offer prices that are truly affordable. Our team is on hand to answer any questions you may have and provide effective solutions to all your plumbing problems.
If you find yourself faced with home drain problems that you are unable to resolve on your own, or any other type of plumbing issues, be sure to reach out to one of our skilled team members today. For all your plumbing needs, no matter how simple or complex, look to the pros here at Steve Mull Plumbing. You’ll be more than glad you did!