Most homeowners are constantly on the lookout for ways to make their homes more energy efficient not only for the environment and for safety reasons, but for the benefit of their pocketbooks as well. There is a wide range of energy efficient fixtures on the market today, including plumbing fixtures that fall within that category. We are all aware that outdated and very old plumbing fixtures waste both energy and water and, over time, end up costing a great deal of money. With that said, Steve Mull Plumbing and our team of skilled professionals want to outline the benefits of energy efficient fixtures and appliances.
OLD PLUMBING SYSTEMS AND FIXTURES THAT ARE LOW EFFICIENCY
The challenges and hardships of a low-efficiency plumbing system and plumbing fixtures can be many. These systems usually result in much higher utility bills, various health and safety risks, as well a much greater carbon footprint. Older dishwashers and even washing machines are designed with outdated technology, which is not only less efficient but can also present with a health risk to your family.
In addition, toilets that are outdated will use a greater supply of water than the upgraded models causing a grave increase in your water bill over an extended period of time. Even old showerheads not only have limited water pressure, but waste an awful lot of water as well.
ENERGY EFFICIENT PLUMBING FIXTURES AND FEATURES
There are a number of energy efficient plumbing fixtures on the market today that not only save you money and offer health benefits but also minimize your carbon footprint. With that said the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to share some of the new energy efficient fixtures and features with our valued clients.
- · Upgraded showerheads – With all the technological advancements we have seen today modern showerheads have more pressure and use less water. Current showerheads today use an average of 2.5 gallons of water per minute in contrast to the outdated showerheads that used between 6 and 8 gallons per minute.
- · Low-flow water faucets – When you choose to replace your existing sink faucets with newly enhanced faucets you are able to save a good deal of water and not have to do so by reducing the water pressure. You can actually save near to 13,000 gallons of water per year by investing in new low-flow faucets. In addition, some of the newer style faucets are designed with built in water filter features that can contribute to reduced health risks and even alleviate the cost of buying bottled water.
- · High efficiency toilet tanks – Today’s newer toilets use much less water per flush and many offer dual flushing features as well, which is a high energy efficient feature that contributes to substantial savings.
- · Tankless water heaters – Though tankless water heaters can be a bit expensive, the upfront cost is easily outweighed by the high level of energy saving features and capabilities. Older styled water heaters keep large gallons of water hot at all times where a tankless heater only heats water as needed which proves to be quite energy efficient.
- · Upgraded washing machines and dryers – The newer style front-loading washing machines use nearly 50% less water than the old-style top-loading machines. Further, newer style dryers are more efficient and can dry clothes at a faster rate, thereby saving money and energy.
TRUST OUR TEAM FOR YOUR UPGRADES
If you are looking to enhance your home’s energy efficiency and save money by installing energy-efficient plumbing fixtures, then surely you have come to the right place. Here at Steve Mull Plumbing our team of highly skilled plumbers is committed to providing all our valued clients with the best all-around plumbing products and services this side of Lebanon. To learn more about energy efficient fixtures for your plumbing system, reach out to one of our staff today!