Many homeowners fail to understand the importance of cleaning their showerheads. When you fail to clean the showerheads in your home, a build up of minerals and limescale can occur. This results in a minimized shower pressure or in water spraying in a number of different directions and can also result in the buildup of bacteria. With that said the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to share some simple tips for showerhead cleaning and how to keep them clean going forward.
SIMPLE ACCESSORIES FOR CLEANING YOUR SHOWERHEADS
There are a few simple tools or accessories that you will need to perform this simple but necessary cleaning task. First and foremost, be sure you have a Brio scrubber and some white vinegar. In addition, you will need a plastic bowl, a couple of elastic bands and a small plastic bag.
HOW TO PROPERLY CLEAN THE SHOWERHEAD
- · With a Brio scrubber, give your showerhead a rough and tough scrub with plain warm water to breakdown any minerals, dirt, or limescale that is present on the showerhead.
- · Next, mix some warm water and the white vinegar in a plastic bowl and once mixed, put the solution into the small plastic bag.
- · Take the plastic bag and place it over the showerhead securing it with the elastic bands. Leave the plastic bag in place for about an hour to allow the solution to break down limescale and minerals that are embedded into the showerhead.
- · Following an hour of soaking, you can remove the showerhead and wipe it down thoroughly yet again with the Brio scrubber and rinse it with hot water.
- · Finally, when you run the shower now, you will notice that the water flow is increased and steady and is not shooting out in a number of different directions. Also, you will note there is no longer any minerals, bacteria or limescale present.
KEEPING YOUR SHOWERHEADS CLEAN
Once you have performed this simple but effective showerhead cleaning technique, you don’t want to have to keep doing it months down the road. Rather, you can give your showerhead a simple wipe down with a towel at the end of each shower to avoid any build up. Finally, take the Brio scrubber once a month and give the showerhead a nice scrubbing to avoid limescale or other minerals from accumulating and building up.
WE ALL LOVE A SHOWER
At the end of the day, we all enjoy a relaxing, warm shower. When limescale and other minerals are allowed to build up on the showerhead, however, your shower may not be as relaxing. Here at Steve Mull Plumbing we want to ensure that our clients understand the importance of cleaning their showerheads regularly. Not only to enjoy relaxing showers, but to avoid bacteria and other build up that can ultimately have an impact on your health. With that said, take these simple steps to ensure the integrity of your showerhead so that you can enjoy a relaxing shower each time, every time.
OUR PROFESSIONALS STAND READY TO SERVE
Here at Steve Mull Plumbing our team of dedicated plumbing specialists stands ready to meet the individual needs of all our valued Lebanon clients. We take pride in our top-of-the-line plumbing products and services and in our high customer satisfaction rating. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best plumbing companies in Lebanon, our team is committed to maintaining that very marketplace presence by continuing to provide only the highest quality plumbing products and services this side of the state.
For more information about showerhead cleaning, or to schedule a service appointment for your home plumbing system, reach out to one of our experienced team members today. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes from our little family to yours for a safe and prosperous New Year ahead! Happy 2022!!