Summer is right around the corner which means we will all soon be enjoying the warmer weather and quality, fun time with family and friends. However, summer can also pose a number of plumbing problems for homeowners that can quickly take the fun out of anything. With that said the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to share some common summer plumbing issues you may experience and simple solutions for all.
COMMON SUMMER PLUMBING ISSUES
- · Sewer line backups – Summer often is accompanied by heavy rainstorms which can ultimately lead to a number of sewer line problems. Because the rain soaks into the ground quickly and easily, it loosened the soil, which can find its way into any small cracks you may have in your plumbing pipes. This eventually results in blockages. In addition, tree roots often pose a similar problem requiring the expertise of our certified plumbing technicians.
- · Toilet blockages – We all share a fear of a blocked toilet at one time or another, especially in the summer when the whole family is at home. Be sure to remind your family not to flush baby wipes, napkins and sanitary products down the toilet. Make sure you keep a plunger handy to take care of the smaller blockages and look to the professionals here at Steve Mull Plumbing for all those bigger plumbing challenges.
- · Slow Shower Drains – Summer activities and beach visits can indirectly pose a threat on your home shower. Beach sand when washed away in the shower can easily cause a blockage in the drain. Be sure to have the family rinse off at the beach before heading home so as to avoid excess sand and even pebbles making their way into your shower drain.
- · Sump pumps – If your home basement tends to suffer from flooding, then chances are you have invested in a trusty sump pump. Summer typically presents with a good deal of rain and storms, which can cause flooding issues in your basement if your sump pump is not properly functioning. Be sure to inspect the sump pump ensuring that it is fully operational before the heavy summer rains come down.
- · Washing machine blockages – It seems we all do a whole lot more laundry in the summertime. The more loads of laundry you wash, the harder your washing machine has to work. Washing small loads of laundry can help to avoid any messy overflows and blockages. Also, be sure to check the hoses for any type of kinks or leaks.
TOP NOTCH PLUMBING SPECIALISTS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Steve Mull Plumbing we want all our clients and their families to be able to fully enjoy their summer season. From barbecuing, swimming and backyard activities and gatherings, the festivities that families share in the hot summer months are endless. With that said, we want to make sure that plumbing problems do not spoil your summer fun. Taking time out to pay attention to the potential problems we have shared with you above, can certainly keep any issues from happening and from interfering with your summer family fun.
If you find yourself faced with any of these summer plumbing problems or any other plumbing issues, then surely you have come to the right place. Simply reach out to one of our team and schedule your plumbing service call when needed. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family enjoy your summer activities at home without having to tackle unnecessary plumbing tasks. Don’t delay. For all your plumbing services and repairs trust the pros here at Steve Mull Plumbing. You’ll be more than happy you did!