One of the most effective and reliable materials for the manufacturing of plumbing pipes is that of copper. Copper is by far one of the most preferred and trusted plumbing materials on the market today. With that said, the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to share some very important data on why copper pipes are so popular and the many benefits of this prized plumbing material.
The two types of copper tubing are that of soft copper and rigid copper. Soft copper is bendable where rigid copper is not. Rigid copper requires the use of elbow fittings and copper tube benders in order to get a bending effect.
- K pipes – K pipes are both rigid and flexible and are used often for water lines and for all types of underground installs. They can also be used for oil, HVAC and water distribution and even fire protection.
- L Pipes – L pipes are also available in the flexible and rigid form and are typically used for indoor plumbing, HVAC and also for fire protection. These pipes are usually used primarily for repairs and replacements.
- M pipes – M pipes come only in a flexible form and are cheaper and quite affordable. They are mostly used for vacuums and heating water applications.
The Benefits of Copper Piping
Copper pipes have many benefits, which is why most plumbers choose them over all the rest.
- Not only is copper impermeable and durable, but it is non-corrosive and lasts a very long time. Copper does not expand and contract greatly, and it is resistant to ultraviolet rays. In addition, it contains no lead nor do the plumbing fluxes or solders used.
- Excellent for heating systems – With its high thermal conductivity, copper is a most reliable material for heating systems. It also contributes to reduced heating and utility bills.
- Minimal to no corrosion – Unless copper pipes come directly in contact with extremely acidic water, they simply do not rust.
- Flexible and easy to bend – Pipes made of copper can easily bend and after bending them present with no kinks that can interfere with smooth water flow.
- Health benefits – Copper pipes are impermeable to any type of foreign objects and do not allow contaminants to make their way into the water. They are nontoxic and, as a result, do not contaminate any of their surroundings.
Sum it Up
Here at Steve Mull Plumbing, we take tremendous pride in our marketplace presence in our high customer service and customer satisfaction ratings. Our team of highly skilled, experienced and certified plumbers is steadfast in our commitment to provide only the highest quality plumbing materials and services to all our valued Lebanon clients and those in the surrounding towns. We possess all the skills, expertise and know-how needed to handle all types of plumbing problems both inside and out and are committed to meeting the individual needs of all our valued clients.
From sewer line repairs, faucet installations, and drain repairs, to copper pipe repairs, shower installs, and a full line of other plumbing services, our team has got you covered. For more information on plumbing pipes or to schedule a service call, be sure to reach out to one of our team members today. We look forward to serving you and to helping you maintain a high performing and safe plumbing system for your home. For all your plumbing needs, put your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry with the team here at Steve Mull Plumbing. You’ll be more than glad you did.