As homeowners we are constantly faced with all kinds of problems and challenges in our home. It is so easy to take for granted the many appliances and systems we have installed, one of which is the hot water heater. Here at Steve Mull Plumbing, our team of skilled plumbers and specialists wants to help our valued clients in Lebanon and the surrounding towns understand why they are constantly faced with a lack of hot water in their home.
It is not as if we all walk around thinking about the hot water in our home every day. However, when you go to take that nice long hot shower at the end of a truly hectic day and minutes into your shower the hot water runs out, then rest assured you are now thinking about it. If your hot water heater is not providing sufficient hot water, there can be a number of reasons why this occurs. The team here at Steve Mull Plumbing wants to share some of the most common reasons with you now.
COMMON REASONS WHY YOU ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH HOT WATER
- Sediment – When there is sediment in your hot water tank, surely you will experience problems. Over time, minerals can easily build up at the base of your tank, thereby preventing the water from heating up properly. To deal with this issue, you should have your tank drained yearly by our team of professionals so as to clear away any sediment buildup.
- Your Water Tank is Too Small– If you are constantly running out of hot water the problem may be something as simple as the fact that your hot water heater is too small for your family needs. If such is the case, our certified plumbers can come out to your home and evaluate your hot water needs and advise you as to what size tank will satisfy the needs of your home and family. If you are interested, we can also advise you on the many benefits of tankless water heaters that can actually provide consistent hot water that you will never run out of.
- The Thermostat – The thermostat on your hot water heater controls the overall temperature of the water tank. If your water is not hot enough, you may simply need to turn the thermostat on the tank up a bit, but do not exceed 140 degrees since this is a scalding point. If there is a problem with your thermostat, one of our licensed plumbers can inspect and assess the thermostat to ensure that it is functioning properly. If not, we can install a new thermostat for you.
- Water Tank Tube – Water tanks are equipped with a plastic tube that connects to the bottom of your tank. This tube helps to prevent cold water from interacting with the hot water at the top portion of the tank. If this dip tube falls off or becomes damaged or breaks, the cold water can then mix with the hot water supply. This mixture will cool the water a great deal, reducing your supply of hot water.
- Plain Overuse – If you are performing multiple tasks in your home at the same time, all of which utilize hot water, then you are more than likely going to run out of hot water. Running the dishwasher, the washing machine, and attempting to take a shower all at the same time will, without a doubt, result in a lack of hot water supply. Be careful to minimize hot water use at the same time.
WHEN TO CONTACT THE PROS AT STEVE MULL PLUMBING FOR THE PERFECT FIX
If you have constant issues with your hot water supply or your hot water heater, then surely you have come to the right place. Whether your water tank has outlived its lifespan, the tank is too small for your home and family demands, or it has suffered damage of some sort, our team of professionals has got you covered. Here at Steve Mull Plumbing we have been servicing our many valued homeowners here in the Lebanon area for years with our top-rated products and services. To learn more about our high-quality plumbing services or to schedule a service appointment for your hot water heater, reach out to one of our dedicated team members today. We look forward to serving you and to helping you enjoy that long hot shower at the end of your every day.